Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Playing the waiting game..

As I only instsalled the power box when the concrete slab was being poured, I am now waiting on power connection, which can take up to 10 working days. The paperwork has been submitted to the power company, and I am hoping they can do it within 3 working days as I have the carpenter's scheduled for Monday.

The good news is that the timber and trusses are all ready for delivery, and the windows aren't far away. The fascia & gutter and roof tiler has been booked in and bricks have been ordered. Once the carpenters start the frame, the house construction should start flying.

The site is now clean and all excess soil has been removed. I am currently working on the kitchen design, which is driving me nuts as we can't make a decision. I am also still 10k over budget, so hopefully some things will come in cheaper than expected from here on in.

The only real bad news so far is the concretor has placed one of the showers in the wrong spot. Once the frame is up, the concretors will return and fill in the old rebate, as well as create a new one. The rebate is needed as I want a stepless shower base.

I am still on track to be complete by January, ready for the new school year. The wife however is due on the 2nd January. Luckily I have 3 weeks off over Christmas as I'll need it for the new baby and moving house !!

No comments:

Post a Comment