Sunday, July 19, 2009

Colours finalised

Possibly the least favourite part of the process has now been completed - choosing the external colours. We had an idea on what we wanted, but couldn't quite nut out the brick/roof tiles/powdercoat/colorbond/render colours we wanted. That is until we realised a house we drive past daily had the exact colour scheme we were after. The house is up the road from where we currently live, so today I knocked on their door. Luckily the owner was approachable and spent some time talking to me about the colour scheme. Anyway from the conversation we now have our colours. Here is an indicative sketch that I put together (the door and roller door colour is meant to be cedar - I have used it for the pergola colour also). I only have to match up the render colour and gutter colour which I will do when I look at my samples tomrrow.

Roof Tile: Boral Striata "Charcoal Grey"
Bricks: Austral Homestead range "Tan" (with an off white mortar)
Gutters: Monument
Fascia: Paperbark
Windows: White Birch
Render: TBC (will match the paperbark)
Door/garage: Cedar
Pergola: TBC

This "mock up" seems to look nothing like it does in real life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment